Please familiarize yourself with these details before ordering.
PLEASE familiarize yourself with the below content before ordering as we will not be held responsible for any misconceptions you may have regarding our services.
Daily Ordering Deadlines
Flowers, balloons and cakes
Flowers, balloons and cakes are restricted to Cape Town and immediate surrounds only.
Same Day Deliveries – Cape Town Only
Deliveries for Cape Town and immediate surrounds received before 10h00 daily can be delivered same day UNLESS we are already fully booked or have already covered your area of delivery by the time your order is received.
Please email us to confirm a delivery slot before placing your order to see if we can accommodate you.
Same Day Deliveries – Other Cities
Deliveries for all other main centers are next day only and orders need to be placed and paid for before 2 pm the preceding day.
We are NOT open on Public Holidays or weekends.
All products displayed on this site are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the borders of South Africa.
Certain products may pose difficult to send to different parts of the country – in these circumstances alternative choices will be offered. Send a Surprise reserves the right (without prior notice) to discontinue or change specifications of products and services offered on this site without incurring any obligations to the sender of the gift.
- Send a Surprise is a bespoke gift delivery and florist service and we only use the best available in ribbon, gift boxes, cake boxes and gift bags made exclusively for us by our factories or suppliers. Therefore you have to take packaging, tissue paper and ribbon costs into account and not just consider the content as your total budget spent – we sell the total package, not just the content.
- We will endeavor to fulfill any reasonable request.
- Our products are made up by hand and stock varies continuously so we cannot offer the same product or packaging at all times as displayed on the website. We will however endeavor to stick to the specifications offered as closely as possible.
- If a product is sold out at the same time you have placed your order, we have the right to replace the product with a similar product at the same cost. If we do not have a similar product available immediately, we will email you with alternatives
- Please review the terms and conditions below as your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to follow and be bound by them. Please note that we may have to periodically change the terms and conditions so kindly check them from time to time if you continue to use our services.
Hours of operation
- Send a Surprise is open from 08:30 to 16h00 for deliveries Monday – Friday.
- We are not open on public holidays or weekends.
As much as we would like to it is impossible for Send a Surprise to guarantee ANY delivery times. We follow a route and do not return to the same part of the city more than once daily. It is therefore advisable to place your order as soon as possible so that we can plan our deliveries with yours in mind. The delivery of orders commences at 09h00 in the morning until end of workday 16h30.
We cannot be held responsible for any deliveries which are delayed if your gift is couriered. Where we are reliant on 3rd party service providers we may not always reach your timelines but will endeavor to do so to the best of our abilities.
Should our driver be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control Send a Surprise reserves the right to contact the gift recipient (without revealing specific details and spoiling the surprise) to announce that they have a delivery and to enquire as to where the recipient will be at the expected delivery time. Should the delay be as a result of our own time management or unforeseen circumstances we will divert the delivery at our own cost. We cannot be held responsible for any deliveries which are delayed if your gift is couriered.
What happens if recipient is not at address?
Should the gift recipient have left the office early (or did not go into the office at all) on the day of delivery or should the gift recipient not be at the home/delivery address given to us Send a Surprise cannot be held responsible.
We will contact the recipient and (without spoiling the surprise) arrange a suitable time for redelivery.
Redelivery costs will be for the senders account.
To avoid additional charges it may be worth notifying the recipient that a gift is on its way.
In the event where we are requested to deliver to a company we need to adhere to the company rules relating to delivery, for example, we may be requested to leave the parcel at reception or the mail room and may not have the opportunity to deliver your gift to the recipient personally. In this case we cannot take responsibility for company policies or the fact that the gift did not reach the recipient timeously.
Please note that a confirmation of delivery is sent to all clients at the end of the day. You are however welcome to contact us at any time via email to confirm if the delivery has been concluded.
Incorrect/incomplete address details:
Should you provide incorrect or incomplete address or telephonic details which prevents us from delivering the gift on the specified day we will not be able to proceed with the delivery. Please ensure that the address details provided are correct. Our job is to deliver the gift, yours is to provide us with the correct delivery details to make this possible. Should the address be discovered to be incorrect when the driver is busy with the delivery and neither the gift recipient nor the sender is immediately available via telephone, the gift will be returned to the office and another delivery fee will be payable before the gift is again delivered the next day.